Before there was Choxi, Groupon, or Living Social, there was one industry disruptor: Woot. Woot’s daily deal launched in 2004 (Amazon bought the company for $110 million in 2010). Today, daily deals and flash sales are the norm, with myriad ecommerce sites using daily deals and flash sales as a means to spur buyer behavior,
- There are over 500 daily deal sites in America.
- 56% of businesses have higher click-to-open rates from flash sale emails compared to their yearly rate.
- 3-hour flash sales have the highest transaction rates at 14%
- Flash sale emails sent after 3pm have 9% higher open rates than lunchtime sales.
- Overall, flash sales generate a 35% lift in transaction rates.
The team at dailysale.com created an insightful infographic about daily deals and flash sales.
Infographic by dailysale.com. Used with permission.