I didn’t go to CES this year, am told it turned out to be the largest on record, despite a slow economy and the lack of any hugely anticipated announcements or unveilings. But Business Insider has a good article on the all the emerging technology showcased at “Best of CES.”
Here’s the emerging technology that caught the critics eyes from the guys at CyberShack.
- Microsoft Corp signed off after 14 show-opening keynotes with a bizarre, news-free presentation featuring a “Twitter choir” and a Q&A anchored by Ryan Seacrest. The company is reportedly revamping its marketing organization.
- Panasonic Corp’s combo digital photo frame and Skype terminal. “The idea of some engineer who has been locked in a room for 10 years,” one observer quipped.
- Dish Network Corp’s stunt with a fidgety live kangaroo onstage, to launch its new “Hopper” package. For a video, click on http://blogs.reuters.com/mediafile/2012/01/09/dishs-kangaroo-pitchman-doesnt-cooperate/
- A Samsung Electronics Co Ltd’s fridge that streams Pandora and Twitter. It’s OK to take a break from the Internet every now and then.
- And last but not least: Sony Corp’s strange “Wedding Invitation” promo for its Internet-enabled TVs. Verbatim from the invite: “Internet plopped down on one knee. After nervously fidgeting around, he blurted, “I can haz marriage?” and presented TV with a giant ring. She, of course, said yes. And the rest is history.”