Take a look around you. You‘ll discover that more and more people are living their lives on cellphones. Customer habits are changing. This makes a lot of sense for businesses to put more effort into mobile marketing & advertising, as that is where the target market is at. Major brands and businesses today leverage on mobile advertising to increase their sales & to brand the company. Once, only can be done by big companies, now, even individuals & online marketers can leverage on mobile advertising. In this short article, we will cover a step-by-step guide on how to prepare, develop, and release a mobile marketing campaign. Hopefully, it’ll assist you as you dive into the world of mobile advertising.
1- Before you start. Plan first.
Proper preparation is essential if you want a terrific mobile advertising campaign that delivers the ideal outcomes. Bad advertising campaign preparation can leave a negative result to your advertising campaign, so it’s best to strategize before you begin.
Identify your ad objectives
What do you want to achieve from this advertising project & why are you even advertising in the first place? Here are most likely some factors you’re thinking to run a mobile advertising campaign.
- Drive sales to business
- Boost website traffic on your landing page or app page
- Promote a new product
- Promote a new service
- To develop awareness and increase a brand.
Who are your target markets?
Next, you need to understand your target user’s behaviours. Understand that customer practices are a little different when it comes to them using their mobile phones. Based upon the existing pattern in the mobile landscape by International Web Index, approximately 33% of users access their phones at home, 17% at work and 23% when out travelling.
Here are some guidelines to consider:
- You can promote much better looking advertisement creatives if you’re targeting users on tablets, as many tablet users utilize a tablet throughout the weekends, when off from work. Also, their tablet will be usually connected to a WIFI source. This can be a good opportunity to display much better looking ads that need more information.
- Understand that your target user will be at different locations at different times. For instance, a working expert must be on the roads in the early morning, en route to work.
- 4 in 5 users in fact utilize internet search engine to discover neighboring shops that provides the services and products they want.
- Users have actually grown to expect significance from advertisements. If they see something unrelated to them, it’ll be a negative experience.
Understand Your Target Persona
You then need to know who you’re communicating with. Various individuals would see an advertisement differently. An excellent method to tackle this is to come out with target personas. Creating a target persona is common in the world of advertising as well as marketing. Why? Because it’s important to know who you are trying to communicate with your ads.
Here are some concerns to ask, to create a target persona:
- Who would find your product or service attractive? What consumer pain points are you solving?
- How old are your target customers?
- Exactly what are their hobbies and where do they hang out at?
- Which techniques of interaction would be most reliable? Millennials and more youthful target markets might not have problems using high-end mobile phones to consume your advertisements, however some baby boomers may have some technical roadblocks when attempting to figure an ad on a smartphone.
2- Developing An Advertising Campaign Strategy
Having recognized your target persona and now armed with a clear objective, we’ll move into planning your advertising strategy. A few of the kinds of interaction strategies you can release for your next mobile ad campaign are:
The Public Service Announcement
These types of advertisements informs your target market instead of hard selling to them. Performed well, this method can be very reliable in building emotional feelings with your target market, which would be good as many people buy based off emotions.
An excellent example of this advertising strategy, is Durex, putting out an ad to educate the public to spend more personal time with their love ones instead of spending too much time on technology devices.
Animated or Video Advertising
You should know how video advertising looks like. Video advertising is effective in carrying a message to your target market. Just remember to keep your videos as fascinating as possible in the shortest time possible. Understand that nobody like wasting precious mobile daya on ads, unless it’s an exceptional amazing advertisement that got them carried away.
The Product/Service Promo
This advertising approach motivates the target market to take an instant action to get a product discount or to try a service. For example, McDonald’s challenged users to taste and rate the spiciness level of their hamburgers to see just how much spiciness they might take. They further increase the engagement level by prompting the users to claim a discount voucher. This advertising method works best when you wish to convert target market into customers rapidly, because it requires the clients to take action.
What gadget will you permit your ad to work on?
There are many of devices being utilized by customers nowadays. All these devices are available in various screen sizes that will show a mobile advertisement in a different way. We’ll say the very best bet is to create advertisements that works in multiple screens from mobile, tablets to desktops. Having your advertisements appear on most of the devices produce better branding.
Should advertise on mobile web or In-App?
According to a research study, 80% of mobile users invest more time utilizing native apps such as Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter, Instagram, etc. Nevertheless, this might be different in various countries and places.You’ll find that more users actually spends more time on mobile web instead of utilizing apps in certain countries. Check out the graph below to see the study:
Image source: Opera Mediaworks
Your advertising budget plan and schedule
With the majority of your planning process total, it’s time to think of the budget plan you’re going to invest in advertising. Ask yourself these questions:
Ask yourself these questions:
- The number of impressions do you plan to achieve?
- What’s the total spending plan do you intend to invest in mobile media?
- Are you going to invest in developing rich media creatives?
- What is the greatest click through quote, can you manage to invest?
Choosing an effective mobile advertising format
Here are the most popular mobile ad formats you can deploy today. Remember that there is no best working advertisement format. Each type of advertisement can be designed to achieve different results.
Basic Standard Banner
Easy to see and simple to develop, basic banner ads is the most common type of mobile ad format. Try not using too bright colors or have too much text in your ad, as this may annoy users instead of giving a good ad experience.
Rich Media Banners
Rich media ads can be tailored and you can easily have a few CTAs on them. They are also proven to drive more engagement from mobile advertising.The most popular kinds of rich media ads are Interstitials, videostitials and the expandable banner.
Native ads are advertisements that match the design and style of the content space around them. Because of the way it looks, it doesn’t show as an annoying ad to your target users thus capable driving lots of click-throughs and engagement because of the increase user experience.
Read more about mobile ad formats and how to create them.
4 – Pushing Your Ads Out
We have come to the end of the guide and in the last step, it’s time to serve your ads. Here are few mobile ad deployment choices you can take.
- Engage HTML5 Rich Media Vendors. This is the industry standard. Most advertisers will outsource their ad creatives to 3rd party ad media vendors. The great thing about this is that you do not have to stress over the mobile ad operations (all the technicals) as the vendor will do them for you. All you need to worry about is choosing a reputable rich media ad vendor.
- Working with A HTML5 Advertisement Developer. Don’t hire advertisement designers unless you have a skilled technical ad operator and designers. This is generally the hardest path to go about getting your ads served.
- Utilize a self-serve HTML5 advertisement home builder. You can actually use a self-serve mobile ad builder to develop your own mobile ads, serve them and then measure the effectiveness of your ads. This is used by majority of ad agencies and advertisers around the world.
Lastly – Measuring Your Advertising Campaign
We have actually come a long way from planning your ad campaign to serving it. The final step is then to make sure that your ads are showing correctly and also to check if you are successfully recording the data from the ads. Check your ads to see if they are showing as planned. How are the loading times? Do they work in all the different screen sizes? And are all the call to action buttons and links on the ads working?
I hope this short article have offered you important insights to preparing your next effective mobile ad campaign. Mobile ads can be really effective– considered that increasingly more individuals are on cellphones.
With the right planning and advertising strategy, you’ll discover mobile advertising to be reliable in converting prospects into paying clients, as it’s a really personal experience to the target market.