Reach Customers in More Ways Than One
It is important to strive to engage with customers through a variety of channels in order to make the most of any marketing campaign. Stores that conduct all of their business online can still benefit from physical mediums of marketing such as billboards or direct mail campaigns, just the same as brick and mortar stores can benefit from digital marketing such as social media and video commercials. This will allow your business to be seen by as many potential customers as possible. Additionally, running a multichannel campaign will allow you to determine which channels worked best and develop strategies for future campaigns.
Develop a Strategic Plan
A great deal of marketing is planning ahead. To do this you should start by defining the campaign’s purpose. Will this campaign be designed to briefly introduce your brand to new potential customers or is its purpose to inform people who are already familiar with your brand about a new product or service? Whatever the case may be, defining the direction of your plan is an important first step.
After you have decided on your campaign’s parameters you can then begin setting goals for your campaign. These goals should be SMART, which is an acronym for specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time-bound. By creating goals with these guidelines, you can ensure that your marketing campaign is both ambitious and practical. For instance, a SMART goal would be, “the brand recognition campaign should make 2,000 impressions on social media by the end of the quarter.”
Only after you have decided upon the goals your campaign should reach can you begin crafting the actual message and deliverables of your marketing campaign. The reason you set goals before taking any action in a marketing campaign is to give you direction during the creative process of putting together your campaign’s messages.
Finally, once your campaign has been running for a reasonable amount of time you can begin measuring its results. Did your campaign reach your goals? If not, how would you change the campaign to improve its performance?
Use the 60/20/20 Approach
The 60/20/20 rule is a method of time management that helps you gauge how much of your day should be spent on certain tasks. The largest chunk of your time, roughly 60%, should be spent focusing on tasks that add value to your business or cannot be done by other staff members. The remaining 40% of your time should be equally divided between planning and strategizing. In this circumstance, planning means dedicating time to schedule the operations of a business, and strategizing means dedicating time to brainstorm how your business’s operations could be optimized.
Focus on Developing a Strong Workplace Culture
Building a strong workplace culture will enable your staff to better collaborate on projects. By implementing a leadership development plan, you can ensure that all of your staff is on the same page. Furthermore, strong workplace culture will increase your business’s productivity by encouraging each employee to be proud of the business they work for.
There are several means of building a strong workplace culture, but they all concern building a meaningful relationship with employees of every level. This can be done through extravagant team-building business trips or through simple positive reinforcement. In any case, your staff needs to feel appreciated and respected if you expect them to be proud of where they work.
Sit optimization will benefit your business in a few different ways. The first is earning higher organic traffic to your website through a process called search engine optimization, or SEO. By optimizing your website for a search engine you will naturally rank higher on google search result pages and as a result, receive more visitors to your website. The number one way to optimize your website for the web is to provide informative content that is relevant to your products or services.
Site optimization can also streamline many of your website’s operations, making it a smoother and more enjoyable experience for your customers. The easier your website is to navigate the more likely it is that customers will make a purchase or continue following your business. To do this, strive to anticipate your customers’ needs and meet them before they become inconvenienced. For instance, if you are an online retailer that does not offer free shipping, then you should include a USPS shipping calculator for your customers’ convenience.